A hub for watersports in Gloucestershire.
Our vision is to build a new centre for rowing and canoeing in Gloucestershire to provide:
- A home for Gloucester Rowing Club and Gloucester Canoe Club offering recreational and competitive rowing and canoeing for all ages (8-80+)
- Development of future Olympians with the Hartpury Rowing Academy
- A facility open to all schools, colleges and universities in Gloucestershire
- Regional centre for Adaptive Rowing (for the disabled)
- Training camps for clubs in the region and national-level crews
- Regattas drawing entries from across the country
- Fun regattas open to all
- Facilities to support camping and caravanning
- Main launch point for Fire & Rescue services at the north end of the Gloucester-Sharpness canal
With the help of Sport England, Gloucestershire Environmental Trust, British Rowing, the Summerfield Trust, the main user organisations and many others, over £1.4 million has been raised. We expect to let contracts in October '15 for the boathouse shell and to fit out the boat storage areas and some toilet/shower areas. We still need to raise another £250,000 to fully fit out the new building. Please help us meet that goal.
Cheques made payable to Gloucester Boathouse Ltd can be sent to The Boat House Appeal, Gloucester Boathouse Ltd, The Boat House, 326 Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 5DH.